Author Topic: Easter jazz weekend 29th 30th April  (Read 407 times)

EASTER17

• View Profile
Easter jazz weekend 29th 30th April
« on: April 18, 2017, 10:45:06 PM »
Hi everyone

I have just signed up for the jazz beginners course on 30th April and am wondering if anyone else on the course is also in the purple room? I have only just started learning the double bass (though I have played the piano for many years - classical not jazz) and am finding it a bit lonely playing on my own (hard to get motivated) so am looking forward to just playing with some other people for the first time, though looking at some of these very erudite posts I am somewhat alarmed as my skills really are very basic!!!

Anyone else out there also going and if so, what do you play and what level are you? What are you hoping to get out of the day? Looking forward to meeting people and making music :-)

Andrea

Ben

• View Profile
Re: Easter jazz weekend 29th 30th April
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 07:39:33 PM »
hi Andrea,
I am ben a tenor sax player.
looking forward to meeting you. i'll be doing only the saterday this easter.

middle aged late comer to the sax picked it up to annoy family 4 to 5 years ago. still with them so all good.

i am with you...looking for other jazz people to play with who as keen as me but willing to put up with my beginer jazz stripes. lots of practice alone minimal exposure to other people..

have done the summer beginers last year. learnt loads and had great fun....also good sandwiches.

just standing by a double bass makes you look cool so should be a good day.

c u at the weekend

ben

BazzaPreece

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 05:53:45 PM »
Hello Andrea and Ben,

I'm looking forward to meeting you both this weekend, and everyone else. This will be my first trip to the jazz school and my first outing playing jazz outside a practice room! So I will be trying my best to keep up......

I'm a bass player too Andrea, although I'll be bringing bass guitars with me for the weekend. I've only just started playing upright so will stick with an instrument I'm more familiar with this time through.  :)

And I keep hearing about the sandwiches Ben, they seem to play a big part.  ;D

See you both in the morning.

Cheers,

Bazza

Sovering

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 03:42:15 PM »
Did you enjoy the course Andrea? I'm thinking about enrolling into something similar over the holidays.